Recently, a group of computer scientists (all males) announced that
computers should also be referred to as being female. Their reasons
for drawing this conclusion follow:
FIVE REASONS TO BELIEVE COMPUTERS ARE FEMALE
- No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.
- The native language they use to communicate with other computers
is incomprehensible to everyone else.
- The message "Bad command or file name" is about as informative
as, "If you don't know why I'm mad at you, then I'm certainly not
going to tell you."
- Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for
- As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself
spending half your paycheque on accessories for it.
However, another group of computer scientists (all female) think
that computers should be referred to as if they were male. Their
FIVE REASONS TO BELIEVE COMPUTERS ARE MALE
- They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
- They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time
they are the problem.
- As soon as you commit to one you realize that, if you had waited
a little longer, you could have obtained a better model.
- In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
- Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.