6, allée des alysses
Tel : 33 1 60 11 94 60
Physicist - Computer Specialist
36 years old, not married
Freed of military obligations
1993 - 1994 : Processing and interpretation of infra-red spectro-imaging data on Venus (Meudon Observatory)
1992 - 1993 : DEA (specialization): Astrophysics and Spatial Techniques, with honors, (Paris VII)
1991 - 1992 : Master degree in Physics (Paris VII)
1989 - 1991 : Bachelor degree in Physics (Paris VII)
1987 - 1989 : DEUG A (first 2 years of university) (Paris VII)
1987 : Baccalaureat, series D, with honors
Language : professionnal english, notions of german
Languages : C, Perl, Fortran, Unix shell, Assembleur 68000
Processing systems : Unix (Solaris, HP-UX, Linux), Windows NT
Database : MySQL, SQL, Oracle
I have been using Unix and the Internet daily for almost seven years, 5
years of which I managed the system.
I developed a statistic software to connect to a Web server (w3perl), rated among the best on-line stats tool and used worldwide.
I am very knowledgeable in imaging and spectrum processing.
- Hutchinson tire website
- Some Perl tutorial on a french magazines.
- Solaris 5.6 installation for the Curie institut
- Few CGI games for Michelin 100th anniversary
- Flat field database for Paris V university DESS banques-finances
- CGI scripts for the french telecom company Bouygues.
- IAP : Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris : January 2002 -
Engineer working for the Terapix project (data reduction for large astronomical telescope)
- INRP : Institut National de Recherche Pédagigique : June - August 2001
Research engineer for the computing department.
- TerraVirtual : Internet connection kit : February - November 2000
Internet manager in a small company working on Internet kit.
Building CGI front access for various Virtual ISP
- Culture-W3 (March 1998 - August 1999)
System engineer and Webmaster for a multimedia start-up compagny.
Set-up of the network and management of the workstations.
- Cred-M : Odile Jacob Editions (November 1996 - March 1998)
System engineer and Webmaster for a young subsidiary of Odile
Jacob Editions. I set up the computer infrastructure and the server
development. Linux administration
- Grolier Interactive (August 1995 - June 1996)
HTML developer - integrator in the Web creation studio of a multimedia
subsidiary of the Lagardiere group. I was in charge if setting up
several servers, which are, by order of importance :
In particular, I have written many scripts in Perl and C languages for
the interactivities of those servers ( survey, virtual
postcards, subscriber password management , automatic personal pages,
random publicity tape, game - competition, agenda, file
- ORSTOM (French Scientific Research Institute for the Cooperation Development) (Nov 1994 - Feb 1995, May-July 1995)
As a Webmaster, I set up the Orstom server, insured its actualization
and its development in collaboration with the various laboratories of
the Institute. (first African francophone site, conference broadcast
live on the web).
- Scientific activities
- Lecturer at the AFA (Astronomy French Association) (Feb-June 1994)
Synthesis classes for beginners on the general domain of Astrophysics
(technology such as Adaptive Optic, theory such as primordial or even
- Data analysis and interpretations of spectro-imaging on Venus (DEA internship, 1993)
Programming in C of an image and/or spectrum processing library on a Sun.
- Creation of a graphic library in C for the Adaptive Optic (Summer 1992)
Conversion of a set of graphic signals originating from a Mercury card (ONERA) to be used on a Unix station. Lex practice.
- Titan Infrared Spectroscopy (Senior year internship, 1991)
Study of Titan atmospheric composition and of its albedo asymmetry. Programming in Fortran under Vax.
- Tourist guide (summers 1989-90-91)
Receptionist and visitor guide at the Pic du Midi Museum specialized
in astronomic instrumentation used on the site and in scientific actualities.
- Website logfile analyser : W3Perl
- Travels (Nepal, Bolivia, Australia, Mauritania, Japan...)